Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 2

So, although I've lived here before, there are a few things I have had to learn...like how to fill the water tank! Basically, I just have to flip a switch and keep an eye on the meter, then turn it off when it's full. The pump carries the water to the tank on the roof of the house (which then provides water pressure).

As I looked around this morning, I thought about some basic changes. Like not drinking the water. But that also means not brushing your teeth with tap water...or accidentally filling the coffee pot with tap water out of habit! (I didn't do it! Mostly because Clay prepped the coffee pot before he left today!)

So, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my kitchen because you may be wondering where we get our water if we don't get it from the tap.  This is called a "garrafon" in Spanish...I don't know to call it in English except a Culligan water jug.



I think it's probably a good thing that it's located right next to the coffee pot...less chance of forgetting to use it. So far the kids have been good about not drinking water from the tap too.

 

This is the kitchen. I LOVE the cabinetry in this house! It's so beautiful.


This is the view from the kitchen into the dining room. You can't see it, but the beautiful flower is just outside that window. The kids are enjoying a few moments of coloring.

This is only a temporary house for us...so I hope to be posting pictures of "our" house in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment