As always, the month of November is a great time to reflect thankfulness. And we have so much for which to thank the Lord!
We started a list of answered prayers from this past year and we want to share a few highlights…
- We started praying almost a year ago for the house that we would rent in Pine Hill. We prayed for 2 bathrooms, space for a schoolroom, a fenced in “private” yard where the kids could safely play, a tree for a tree house, and a house that would provide a place for the kids to play during the rainy season.
- We prayed that our neighbors would accept us into the community.
- We prayed for friendship among the ZK people.
- We prayed for open doors to be able to share the Gospel.
- We prayed for language helpers who could help us learn ZK
It’s truly awesome to think about how God answered these prayer requests. Our home is a place of refuge and a warm place to welcome people in out of the rain and cold. Few homes have more than one bathroom in Pine Hill, and although it may seem trivial, God found us the perfect home with two bathrooms! And we have plenty of room for the kids to play, inside and outside. There’s even a tree house out back!
Our neighbors have been amazing. They take care of Rex when we are gone for a night or two. They bring us handmade tortillas and tamales. They smile at our attempts to greet them in the ZK language…
You know you have a friend when they come to check on you when you’re sick. Our language helpers, Rod and Ceci, have become friends. They have invited us into their home and they are concerned for us. They want to see us be successful in the ZK language too.
This Thanksgiving season, we are far from our friends and family in the