Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet, Funny Levi

            Our precious Levi turns four this month. Like every other parent, I have to say the time has gone so quickly and he has grown up so much. Levi loves to make the whole world laugh. And what joy it is to be in his presence. I think everyone in Pine Hill knows Levi, or “Paco” as many call him.

Levi with "Rex"

            Levi had a rough start in life. When I went into labor, we thought things would progress quickly and normally. At 11pm on January 29, 2010 we were pleasantly chatting with our nurse. Around 11:30 she told me to try to rest because things were progressing slowly. About 15 minutes later my doctor and a horde of nurses came rushing in because baby was in distress. His heart rate had dropped because the cord was wrapped around his neck. He was born about 10 minutes later in an emergency c-section. It wasn’t until almost a year later that Clay told me Levi was blue when he was born.
Climbing high!
 
            Levi was a happy baby and very independent. (It’s good he was so independent since he was no longer “the baby” at 15 months.) Levi was over two years old before he began to really talk. In the back of my mind, I wondered if somehow the oxygen deprivation at birth might have caused some brain damage. It’s hard not to compare the younger child to an older sibling. Ryan and Ellie could quote the Lord’s Prayer at 2 ½ years old…and Levi could barely talk. We tried to get him to repeat a simple Bible verse and he would give us some silly phrase instead. (The typical class clown…I began to worry how I would ever home school this child!)
On our 12th Anniversary...
I was blessed by this face!
            Now, as he prepares to turn four, he has surprised me on numerous occasions. When Ryan and Ellie were homeschooling on a daily basis, we would review our Bible verses during breakfast and lunch. Suddenly, Levi was repeating the verses too. But not just the one from that week. He was repeating the ones from 2 and 3 months ago! I can’t tell you how comforting that was!

Levi "reading" to Matthew


            Levi is quick to say thank you. For everything. He thanks me for making each meal every day. He thanks me for telling him to go to the bathroom in the morning. He thanks me for hugs and kisses. He thanks me for picking him up from daycare.



A quiet moment...
           
 
 
 I’m so thankful for this beautiful child, for the smiles and laughter that he adds to our family, and to our community. He’s quick to make friends, to give hugs, and to help out. I can only imagine what God has in store for him and how he will affect the Kingdom of God!
 
 
Levi, showing his sad face!
Makes me laugh every time!
 
 

           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment